Welcome to the Prisons Training Programme
With an increasingly ageing prison population, it is very important to ensure that those nearing their end of life in prison are able to receive the right care at the right time.
The GSF Programme has now been adapted for Prisons. We have worked with one prison healthcare centre, who have achieved the Quality Hallmark Award.
We are now looking for a small number of interested prisons to be part of the next phase of GSF in Prisons, and to help shape how the programme develops.
The benefits and outcomes of the GSF Prison programme will be:
- Better personalised care through identification and assessment of patients’ needs in final year of life.
- Proactive, well-coordinated care with improved team work and collaboration with GPs, Hospitals and your local Hospice.
- Improved Cross Boundary Care and integration into the wider local health community.
The training includes:
There are three different ways to access the programme:
The Accreditation Process
There are four parts to the process:
The programme requires a minimum of 2 nominated leads from the Prison to:
- Attend the interactive webinar sessions
- Share examples of good practice with others/peer support
- Take part in evaluation
- Lead and be responsible for the implementation of the programme – to cascade the learning from the webinars to other team members
We know that this work is making a difference to people, their families and the staff who provide the care. Please join us in being part of this national momentum. We would be very pleased to have you on board and look forward to working with you and supporting you to achieve the very best quality of care – ‘the Gold Standard of Care’ for the people you care for.
To register your interest and receive details regarding the next GSF Prisons Training Programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Care Registration Form
Register for social care training