Care Homes Covid-19 Support Information
During the COVID pandemic we have been running Care Homes Support calls, open to all care homes including those that are not GSF accredited care homes.
GSF Support Call - 6 May 2020
GSF Support Call - 20 May 2020
6. Tops tips to improve mental well being - NHS site - Get your Mind Plan
7. ReactTo website - https://www.reactto.co.uk/
GSF Support Call - 10 June 2020
5. Webinar RCGP/AHSN: https://youtu.be/eLDdGSIHBjQ
6. Resources: AHSN Network: RESTORE2 and other soft signs tools:
Videos for carers at www.e-lfh.org.uk and also available on YouTube
7. Care Homes Strategy for Infection Prevention & Control of Covid-19 Based on Clear Delineation of Risk Zones - Link to where you can download the strategy document:
- Link For any questions, comments or suggested changes, please contact: Eric Fewster, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 7814 788 846
8. Sometimes, people with dementia can be upset about being cared for by someone wearing PPE. Here are a few things you dan do to ease any stress:
- Have your name and picture clearly visible on clothing.
- Laminate a smiley face and flowers on PPE.
- Use tone of voice and open body language to demonstrate warmth.
- Draw or use written words to communicate where appropriate.
- Explain why you are taking a sample - these may need to be repeated.
- Play some of the person's favourite music to aid relaxation.
- Ensure hearing aids and glasses are worn and working.
9. Digital Social Care - Digital support for care homes - Internet connection deals for care homes
Really helpful website with lots of info: www.digitalsocialcare.co.uk
GSF Support Call - 1 July 2020
GSF Support Call - 22 July 2020
1. Public Health England - How to work safely in care homes
2. British Geriatrics Society - One Stop Shop for Frailty
3. Scottish Government publications;
GSF Support Call - 16 September 2020
GSF Support Call - 28 October 2020
GSF Support Call - 2 December 2020
NEXT GSF Support Call - 19 January 2021
1. SIGN - Long Covid booklet